2012 marked the 50th anniversary of the Shelby Cobra and to celebrate Carroll Shelby International Inc. offered a limited edition of 50 continuation "street car" Cobras. Each is painted "Shelby black" with a premium wine colored leather interior, special badges, wire wheels and other items. The 50th Anniversary CSX8000 Shelby Cobra begins at $69,995 for a fiberglass or $134,995 for an aluminum bodied car, without drive train.
- Body: Shelby Hand-laid Fiberglass or Shelby Aluminum Body
- Paint: Premium "Shelby Black"
- Seats and Dash: Rosso High-quality Leather Interior
- Carpeting: Wilton Wool
- Floor and Trunk Mats: 50th Anniversary
- Emblems: Shelby Cobra Anniversary, Side Fender Emblems
- Serial number: Special number denoting the car is one of the Anniversary Models
- Frame: 3-inch Diameter DOM Tube Steel, .120 wall with Modern Heim Joints and Graded Bolts
- Front Brakes: 1" x 11-7/16" OD Disc, Dual Piston Baer Caliper
- Rear Brakes: 3/4" x 11-7/16" OD Disc, Dual Piston Baer Caliper
- Steering: Rack and Pinion
- Suspension: Upper Traverse Leaf w/ Lower Arms, Independent Front and Rear
- Differential: Shelby Aluminum Housing, Dana 44 Gears with 3.54 Gears
- Half Shafts: Spicer Split Spline
- Instruments: Shelby or Stewart-Warner
- Bumper: Chrome Oval
- Exhaust: Under Car Exhaust
- Mirrors: Center Rearview
- Wheels: 15" Chrome Plated Steel Wire with Modern Performance Radial Tires
- Fuel Tank: 14-gallon Stainless Steel
- Overall Size: 151 ½" Long and 72" Wide
- Wheelbase: 90"